Looking to try something simple and nutritious? This easy vegan salad might be perfect for you!
- Try this nutrient-packed salad— it will satisfy and keep you full
- A great dish to make ahead for an easy go-to meal
- Enjoy as a main dish or side dish
- Keep it vegan or add some lean meat (chicken or turkey)
Did you know?
Chickpeas are a good source of fiber and protein.
A 1 ounce serving (28 grams) of chickpeas =
- Calories: 46
- Carbs: 8 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
- Folate: 12% of the RDI
- Iron: 4% of the RDI
- Phosphorus: 5% of the RDI
Easy Vegan Chickpea Salad
- 2 Cups Chickpeas (cooked)
- 15 Cherry Tomatoes
- ¼ Red Onion
- ½ Avocado
- 4 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Quarter your cherry tomatoes and dice your red onion.
- Cut your avocado into cubes.
- Combine chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, red onion, avocado and parsley in a bowl.
- Add your salad dressing ingredients to the bowl as well (olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper).
- Mix to combine and serve!
Try this yummy salad this week or put it on your shopping list for next time!
(recipe also available here)
Need a personal trainer? Contact Joy@personalizedfitnessforyou.com