Best Fruit for a Summer Snack?
THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL BLUEBERRY OF COURSE!
This tiny, yet mighty fruit is plump, sweet, and juicy, with a color that ranges from indigo to deep purple.
Do you agree there is nothin’ better than fresh-picked blueberries? This summer fruit will be seasonally ready to pick in a lot of our local areas in July!
In the meantime, our grocery stores offer blueberries year-round making this delicious and powerful berry available to us anytime.
Blueberries can be added to salads, yogurt, oatmeal, smoothies, and fruit medleys. Or, you can simply enjoy them as a snack!
Why consume this tasty summer snack?
- May prevent oxidative stress, which plays an important role in the aging process
- It’s a flavonoid-rich food that equates to better brain function
- Blueberries contain anthocyanins. In a study published by the health institute, researchers observed 93,600 nurses and found that the intake of anthocyanins through blueberries was linked to a 32% lower risk of heart attacks (NIH).
- No blood sugar spikes because it is low on the glycemic index.
- Easy to eat and a great snack for on the go!
- Contains fiber, magnesium, potassium, vitamins C, A, E, and K, and folate.
Grab a handful of blueberries today and let the power begin!
We are all capable of optimal health and feeling fabulous at any age. You can achieve and experience this too! Let’s give your body the care and respect it deserves.
Joy Grout, the owner of Personalized Fitness For You, has more than 30 years of fitness and health experience, supported by a Bachelor of Science degree in Therapeutic recreation. She has worked with a variety of populations in clinical and community-based settings, and she possesses various certifications from national fitness organizations. Her diverse set of experiences allows her to focus on your individual needs and design a program specifically for you.
You can be confident Joy will hear your needs and respond by providing an individual training program that will make a difference – one step at a time!